Here are the top 10 home remedies for smelly hair.
- You can use neem oil like tea tree oil by adding it to your shampoo.
- Alternatively, you can apply a few drops of this oil on your scalp, massage, and leave it on overnight. Shampoo your hair the next morning.
- If you do not have neem oil, boil a handful of neem leaves in water. Cool and strain the solution. Use it as a hair rinse once a week.
- Apply fresh tomato juice on your scalp.
- Leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes and then rinse it out.
- Do this once or twice a week.
3.Apple Cider Vinegar
- Mix together the following ingredients: 2 cups of distilled water, 3 drops of essential oil of your choice and ½ cup or apple cider vinegar. Apply this mixture all over your strands and let it action for several minutes, then wash with water.
- Cleanse your hair with apple cider vinegar (1/2 cup) mixed with water (1 cup), waiting for a minute before washing.
- Mix the juice from two lemons with a cup of water. Wash your hair with shampoo, then apply this mixture, waiting for several minutes before rinsing thoroughly. Repeat the process 1-2 times every week.
- Mix the juice from one lemon in one cup of plain yogurt. Work it into your hair and leave it on for 30 minutes before rinsing it off. Do this once a week.
- If you have a fungal infection on your scalp, combine one cup of yogurt with lemon juice (use 1 lemon). Spread it all over your scalp and after half an hour, rinse with warm water. Repeat the procedure one time weekly.
- Mix one part baking soda in three parts water.
- Rinse your hair with water and apply the baking soda paste on your damp hair.
- Leave it on for about five minutes and then wash your hair.
- Repeat the process once a week.
6.Tea tree oil
- Mix several drops of tea tree oil with water and apply it on your hair. Leave it rest up to 30 minutes, then wash your hair with shampoo.
- Add a few drops of tea tree oil to your shampoo . Shampoo as usual.
- Add one tablespoon of vodka to a 12- or 16-ounce spray bottle filled with water.
- After shampooing, spray the solution all over your hair and scalp.
- Do this once a week.
8.Honey and Cinnamon
- Boil one cup of water and one-half teaspoon of cinnamon powder. Let it steep for about half an hour.
- Mix in one teaspoon of honey.
- Apply the mixture on your hair and scalp, and leave it on for a few hours.
- Rinse it off with water and then shampoo your hair.
- Repeat once or twice a week.
- Place some orange peels in a jar and fill it with apple cider vinegar. Leave it rest for two weeks, then strain the mixture and conserve it in the fridge. Dilute 2 tbsp of infusion in a 12-16 ounce bottle of water. Apply it on your hair by using a sprayer, every time after shampooing.
- Boil some orange peel powder and let the solution cool down afterwards. Apply this solution on your strands and wait for about 10 minutes. Wash gently. You can prepare the powder by yourself; just grind some dried orange peels, after you have let them under the sun for several days.
- Apply some orange juice directly on your strands and leave it rest for about 5 minutes, before washing it off.
- Apply fresh Aloe Vera gel or juice on your hair and scalp after shampooing. Leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes and then rinse it out.
- You can also add one tablespoon of lemon juice and one-half teaspoon of Aloe Vera gel to your shampoo.